Friday, February 13, 2009

1st week of rj

10S06p- chem, math ra class, with a dash of art and geog people... everyone's good in their own right. All are friendly; we played orientation games, and there was much participation coming from everyone.

shocks encountered throughout the week:
abrasion from scraping my face on the field during saturday's rugby training. very very worried... fortunately the wound healed well.

physics lectures: surprisingly funny with a very fun "McGonagallish" teacher.

Maths RA: very very good teachers; we had an excellent lecture about using the combinatorics/ "reasoning" way of thinking instead of the usual teaching of notations. Have to read ahead though... I have a nagging feeling that Maths RA'll be a flagrant violation of the sacred sanctified codified institutionalised "no child left behind" policy.

Piano: Hanjie's fingers are actually independent of one another, nimble enough to be controlled, finger by finger, by the great bao bao. feel very inspired to practice a lot to be just like him. 路漫漫其修远兮ah! Oh yes, Evan Ma is imba at piano too, with his amazing handwork in rigoletto paraphrase (another piece I gave up on)

fri: cultural shock during eve of valentine's day (i.e. a school day nearest to valentine's day). All the girls came with gifts etc for og and class... and the boys had nothing to give in return for such a kind gesture. Kartik and I were so paiseh that we actually rushed to Thomson Plaza in the middle of school to buy stuff for the girls. The rest succeeded in keeping the girls hanging about, so when we came back, we could present the gifts to them. The guys of 10S06P felt pleased with themselves.

signups: bb ppl called for interhouse debates. No more debates for me, I say... I've got too much commitments. But I'm going to sign up for a lot of stuff. I'm not going to sit back and wait for things to happen, circumstances to go my way, opportunities to come knocking at the door, everything presented in a platter. I'm heading out, I'm venturing out of my comfort zone, into unchartered territories, and try and try and try. Not holding back anymore.

To end off: (lumpy's fixation)
Mendelssohn's violin concerto!!!
Disclaimer: Can't say the following recording's the best, but it's decent. For comparison, please go on to youtube and search for more recordings.







To debunk the claim that I'm a boring pure classical person, I'm telling you that I'm not! I don't analyse classical stuff; I just happen to listen to them slightly more often. I like pop too, especially british pop, namely MIKA.



His live performance's not that good... but this song's great!

No comments: